Share your experiences in Chicago with the world! Enter our monthly photo competition. Each month we will pick a theme. Submit a picture related to that theme via email (email@example.com) with the subject “PHOTO COMPETITION”. Readers vote for their favorite picture by leaving a comment under the picture they like. The picture that gets the most comments wins a prize (one comment per person; comments on your own photo will not count). You can also follow the competition via Facebook or Twitter. Good luck!
This month’s theme is “Something in Chicago that I am thankful for”.
We will announce a winner on November 29.
Terms and Conditions
1. You can enter by sending your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. If you enter the competition your photograph will be published on Chicago Urbanite’s blog and other websites at the sole discretion of Chicago Urbanite. Pictures may be subject to additional rules according to such websites including by way of example Facebook. Pictures may be published in a book/calendar or other publication that relates to the competition.
3. All entries must be received by the closing date set out on Chicago Urbanite’s blog.
4. The winner’s name will be published on Chicago Urbanite’s blog in the week following the closing date.
5. By submitting your photograph for entry into the competition you will retain your copyright and also hereby grant to us a royalty-free, non-assignable, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the photograph for publication on Chicago Urbanite and other websites at the sole discretion of Chicago Urbanite and for any calendar/book or other publication relating to the competition only. If we want to use your photograph again (including in any calendar/book relating to the competition), we will ask your permission and obtain your consent before doing so.
6. You warrant that any photographs you submit are your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights in such image.